Natural immunostimulants for your pet
A dog’s immune system can be committed because of several factors with diverse backgrounds. Exposure to sudden temperature changes, an excess or lack of humidity in the atmosphere, pollution, internal and external parasites, stress or nutritional deficiency. These are some of the situations that contribute more to the low immune defense of our pet.
There are many actions to perform to stimulate the immune system you loyal friend. The following methods are easy to use and help balance the immune system:
• Massages: This is the easiest and most enjoyable way to improve the immune system of your dog. It has been shown that by massaging increases lymphocyte numbers and function is enhanced. Causing a relaxation massage is not only beneficial for the emotional state of the dog, but also to stimulate the immune system of your pet. In addition the benefits of massage to our faithful companion are mutual, because does not only improve its immune system but also enhances ours.
• Exercise: Another easy activity to carry out with positive influence on the immune system of your pet is to exercise. In addition this physical activity helps to detoxify and promotes the migration of immune components through the body.
• Nutrition: An optimal functioning of the immune system requires proper nutrition, since a nutritional deficiency in the diet predisposes to suffer from immune system-related diseases. There are specific vitamin supplements for improving the immune system, among which include vitamin A (beta-carotene), C, E, and B-6; zinc; selenium; linoleic acid; and lutein.
Most nutrients that enhance the immune system also possess antioxidant activity.
• Plant extracts some plant extracts have proven effective:
– To help enhance cellular and humoral components of the immune system.
– To stimulate the production of lymphocytes.
– To promote the bactericidal activity of neutrophils.
– To promote the increase in number, size and phagocytic activity of macrophages.
– To optimize the circulating level of immunoglobulins.
Many plant extracts have antioxidant properties even more than those provided by vitamins A, C and E.
• Alternative Medicines: Plenty are known as analgesic properties of acupuncture, but the reality is that the International Veterinary Acupuncture Society in Fort Collins, Colorado has certified that acupuncture can stimulate the immune system and improve the function of the organs with many other benefits.
As we can see there are a wide range of natural immune stimulants in our hands that prevent diseases and serve as a support for immune-depressed animals that promote and optimize the immune system of the animal.