Blogs / Technonews
NATURBALANCEâ„˘ Line of Biovet
NATURBALANCEâ„˘ line provides several feed additives, especially enzymes and plant origin feed additives, aiming to adapt diet composition to the specific requirements of such sophisticated nutrition, and to the different types of pet dogs (hunting, domestic, sportiveâ€¦).
- Pet dogs share with their wild relatives some nutritional habits that have been changed by their domestication and live with humans.
- In order to correct these alterations, it is necessary to know the habits of wild canids.
- All canids are carnivorous (eating offals and muscles). Certain breeds have incorporated fish, fruits, or herbs in their diet due to certain geographical locations. However, canids have never included raw cereals in their natural diet, except those predigested grains which are in the stomach of their preys.
- Because of its hunting nature, canids are used to eat a large amount of food in a single meal followed by prolonged fasting.
- Domestication of canids, and the current lifestyle of pet owners, has led dogs to indoor habitation, castration, increased age and overnutrition, which have promoted human-like and geriatric diseases, such as cancer, obesity, arthritis, kidney and urinary tract disease, heart disease and liver disease, among others.
- Feed manufacturers should be aware of the general needs of the different breeds, according to their evolution, age and reproductive state, as well as the feed ingredients and the effect of the thermal treatments applied.
- The research carried out in the last decades has allowed the development of general feeds and other specialized feeds based on what was exposed above.
- This research also includes additives. BIOVET’S NATURBALANCEâ„˘ additives have been investigated in partnership with prestigious veterinary clinics, feed manufacturers and dog trainers (mushers).
- NATURBALANCEâ„˘ line provides several feed additives, especially enzymes and plant origin feed additives, aiming to adapt diet composition to the specific requirements of such sophisticated nutrition, and to the different types of pet dogs (hunting, domestic, sportiveâ€¦).