Study of the efficacy of liver conditioner pronutrients in pregnant sows and piglets
In a trial conducted in Colombia, the effect of liver conditioner pronutrients during the last third of pregnancy in sows and piglets and also during lactation was evaluated.
Material and methods
The trial was carried out in a farm in Santa Rosa de Cabal using 28 Topigs females in the last third of gestation, divided into 2 treatments with 7 repetitions each including 2 females:
- Control group: feed without pronutrients
- Pronutrients group: liver conditioner pronutrients administered in feed pulsatile for 15 days during pregnancy and lactation (total: 30 days)
At birth, the following productive parameters were evaluated:
- Number of live piglets
- Weight at birth
- Average weight
- Average piglets born per sow
On the other hand, at weaning, the following productive parameters were evaluated:
- Number of weaned piglets
- Weaning weight of the litter
- Average weight
- Lactation days
- Number of sows
- Weaned piglets per sow
The results of the test are shown in the following tables:
Analysing the most important parameters we can observe that:
Although the weight at birth was lower in pronutrients batch, at weaning, the average weight was 180 grams higher in the group treated with pronutrients compared to the control.
There was also an increase of 0.79 weaned piglets per sow in the group treated with pronutrients compared to the control, in addition to 94.75 more grams of weaning weight in the piglets of pronutrients group.
Final conclusions at the end of the trial
- Sows supplemented with liver conditioner pronutrients obtained:
- Higher weight at weaning, showing a difference of 180 grams
- More weaned piglets and with higher weight than the control group
- The evaluation of the administration of liver conditioner pronutrients obtained a ROI of 1: 4
- The liver status of the treated sows showed a better performance and their productive parameters should be better in their next pregnancy
This product based on hepatic regenerative pronutrients is commercially available under the name Alquernat Livol.