Transparency 5: The first 20 causes of lack of Transparency
In our blog of Transparency have arrived some reports about actions by several organisations of Public Administration related to veterinary medicines in response of the first call we made at the end of blog 1: Tucidides.
While the corresponding verifications are carried out, we have prepared a catalogue with the first 20 sources which produce lack of transparency in Public Administration. These 20 sources can be classified in 2 groups: people and administrative organisations.
• People who practise a position without published appointment in the Official Diary.
• People who practise their position once his appointment period has expired.
• People who practises their position in official regulatory committees of industrial sectors where they have private interests.
• People who practise a regulatory position and offer services, privately, to evade the own regulation.
• People who, according to their position, enact resolutions in order to harm determinate people in favour of other ones.
• People who, according to their position, delay the issue of resolutions in order to harm determinate people in favour of other ones.
• People who, according to their position, enact unfair resolutions conscientiously.
• People who by signing, according to their position, alter the reality in Public documents.
• People who, according to their position, obtain funds from lobbies by enacting resolutions in their favour.
• People who practising a position, of equal or higher level than previous ones, do not intervene while receiving reports or just reply them by forwarding the reports to people of lower level, who are the reason of lack of transparency.
• Organisms that enact resolutions without giving previous proposals of resolution in order to avoid its defense.
• Organisms that enact resolutions without compulsory rulings of other organisms.
• Organisms that enact resolutions in order to harm determinate people in favour of other ones.
• Organisms that delay the issue of resolutions in order to harm determinate people in favour of other ones.
• Organisms that enact unfair resolutions conscientiously.
• Organisms that have among their members, people who offer private services, in matters related to its regulatory order.
• Organisms that issue contrary decisions, by denying events which have already been proved by other organisms of the Administration.
• Organisms that do not carry out any internal investigations when they receive justified reports or they carry them out without informing about their conclusions to the person who has reported it.
• Organisms that do not execute sentences, against them, or hide essential information to avoid its accomplishment.
• Organisms that apply legislation by committing formal defects which are not proceeded or they are proceeded deficiently.
In the blog of Transparency of Veterinaria Digital we want to show related cases with the 20 identified causes and we will let anybody to identify those who consider sources of lack of transparency in their countries. In this blog we will keep confirmation guarantees and before publishing it we will give the opportunity to the affected people to express their version.