Transparency 48: Recommendations to cut the costs
In a country of southern Europe whose name I do not remember, that the 45% of GDP is in the hands of the public sector, public companies and their managers have not yet curbed economic excesses that hinder their efficiency and competitiveness, not to point out the disastrous effect on the interior and exterior brand image to the country from which both boast.
So the Ministry of Finance and Public Administration had to prepare and publish a series of cost-cutting instructions to the heads and managers of the public sector. It is a list that would cause embarrassment, only receipt, to any manager of private companies from the same country and met for years.
Thus Octálogo consists of the following eight recommendations:
(1) eligible for the tourist rate on their trips by plane or train
(2) Ensuring the presence of homogeneous conditions apply to all staff
(3) Note criteria of austerity, efficiency and transparency in the public sector
(4) Prioritize public transport to private transport
(5) Avoid unnecessary travel
(6) Use restrictive criteria regarding the number of people who must travel
(7) Set strict time criteria for the initiation and termination of service or unreasonably preventing forward prolong the stay on arrival.
(8) Purchase of advance tickets and hotel vouchers for the best prices.
However Octálogo not include restrictions on other diets, or establish an audit of monitoring compliance with that law-abiding citizens fear, well-founded, which is a cosmetic operation to contrast the austerity measures, with impact on the public, and the permissiveness of the official public spending both visible as the “camouflaged” (private trips, seafood, vote buying, YOU ……)
From Transparency Digital Veterinary claim greater ethical commitment to a transparent performance and compliance with civil service rules, compliance with which is required of the citizen, especially in the agricultural and livestock sector in all countries.