Transparency 33: The new ring of Gyges or 6 corrupt shields.
In Veterinaria Digital Transparency blogs we have published some defining and typifying various crimes related to lack of transparency, we have denounced many situations of the Spanish Agency of Medicines and in the delivery 31, analyze some hypothesis about the psychology of the corrupt. However, besides the corrupt psychology, it is necessary a certain social climate of permissiveness. That which Platon called the ring of Gyges and who had the power to become invisible to whoever wore and because he committed all kinds of crimes.
The social permissiveness to the corruption uses 6 shields to protect the corrupt:
(1) The opacity of the origin and the true final recipients of the money. Regarding the origin of money in most cases comes from public subsidy and extortion to run, while as to where the money is said that an organization is efficient, the result of its transparency, when you invest 80% of their income to fulfill the purpose for which it was created and 20% on maintenance of its structure. Its opacity increases as this is separated from 80/20 up to the 0/100.
(2) Hypnosis at the costume. The corrupt usually dress up with a camouflage of professional excellence, social repute, deeply religious and even physical appearance excellent with words. Each of these facets of his disguise hypnotizes his fellow citizens and allows the corrupt to be what it is not.
(3) The Lack of control of management, based on hypnosis caused by the apparent training and trust in managers corrupt entities.
(4) The fear to denounce the corrupt to justice or public opinion, as a victim of the corrupt who fears that he may retaliate from administrative concession stand. So the victim waives the complaint and make the corrupt environment in an atmosphere of false harmony between managed and corrupt.
(5) Limits of the mass media. Although in many media flaunts independence and freedom of opinion in many cases the media are dependent on government agencies. It should be borne in mind that the exercise of freedom of information, to denounce the lack of transparency, requires solitude.
(6) The corporatism between corrupts to protect each trusting that public hypnotized resigned and will soon focus to other misfortune. Only the tenacity and continuity in denouncing the corrupt can return transparency.
(7) As Cato “old” ended all his speeches and speeches with “Delenda est Carthago” (Carthage must be destroyed) who fought for transparency should finish interventions “Corruptio Delenda est” which translates as “Corruption must be destroyed “or as Corruptio also means destruction and putrefaction in the background could be translated as” the destruction or putrefaction must be destroyed “