Transparency 26: Spanish Medicine Agency, a common history?
In fact is indifferent where we start. As an example let’s talk of an autonomous community. It seems a common history, admitted from all according to the dictionary, but it is not. In 2008 a civil servant MR, head of active service, creates a corporation (IMSL) aimed at providing telecommunications services, computer and file creation and custody.
From his post as a civil servant, she promotes the public allocation of jobs to her own private business valued at 663,600 euros. According to statements of self-interested the works are carried out by herself at night. She hires 5 people, sponsors a basketball team and bought an apartment in the center of the capital of the autonomous community.
While M. R., works on nights, civil servants of her autonomous community and other threaten to strike over the proposed increase their workweek to 37.5 hours (2 hours more than before) that, even so, is 2 hours unless the day of any employee and many fewer hours than the day of any autonomous or operator of a small or medium business.
Research has revealed that there are companies that in this autonomous community there is companies property of civil servants, companies property of immediate family of civil servants, companies property of indirect family of civil servants, who bill, all of them, to the autonomous region.
As mentioned it is not a common history, is a frequent story,in which are replicated a personal level that makes the state itself. So in the same country on the Mediterranean, poor Mediterranean, the state has a network of 8894 agencies and public companies (1,096 in the state administration, 2,338 in the autonomous communities and 5,460 in municipalities and local authorities among autonomous bodies, public bodies and public companies, business groups, agencies, corporations, foundations, corporations and affiliates) to exaggerate its administrative structure with a total of 330,000 employees and only allowed from the state itself has created legal engineering.
Under diverse appearances and disguises, these entities can manage accounts and hire staff outside any public control. Actually it is ideological organs in which to place coreligionists and through which distribute subsidies to lobbies that support the government in power, placement agencies political parties, pay political clients, all with public money, that is all citizens although some minister from the country concerned had the audacity to say that public money was no one,
or maybe we could say that confuse public money with money from anyone is not daring, it is ignorance or something worse. A structure with hundreds of thousands of employees, nearly 10,000 entities have allowed thousands of senior freely appointed positions, thousands of freed and thousands of jobs that are beyond any control. We have also found that these officials earn significantly more money than a councilor or a deputy and also be mounted around a network of companies whose services become indispensable to obtain approvals of the entities they manage.
The situation described is the Spanish Medicine Agency and its senior appointees on which we have pointed in Veterinaria Digital, dated September 28th 2010 (see No. transparency blog: www.veterinariadigital.com/uk/blog-post.php id = 57 the following facts?:
1. From 2,000 to 2006 served as deputy director general of veterinary medicines in the Spanish Medicines Agency Arboix Margarita (no official appointment published in the Official State Bulletin see Document 1).
2. Simultaneously served as secretary of the evaluation committee for medicinal products for veterinary use of the Spanish Medicines Agency (official appointment as a member in order of October 11, 1999 BOE No. 250 of October 19, 1999 Page 36739 and 36740 see Document 2)
3. Along with exercise these charges Margarita Arboix serves as director of SERAF. This entity on its website provides, among others, the following services: validation of analytical methods, studies of bioequivalence, bioavailability studies and veterinary pharmaceutical formulations for veterinary use and advice on the necessary studies for the registration of pharmaceutical formulations veterinary. (See Document 3)
Margarita is Arboix offers, to veterinary laboratories, through SERAF service studies to be needed to overcome the formalities of registration or renewal in the CODEMVET (of which she is secretary) belonging to the Spanish Medicines Agency (de which herself acts as deputy director general) in Veterinary Digital we have documents showing that the above is put into practice with a list of clients (all Spanish laboratories) of SERAF as well as a concrete offer of December 2001 (within the exercise period of Margarita Arboix as deputy director of the Spanish Medicines Agency and responsible SERAF) in the amount of 9,113,880 pts. (equivalent to 54,683 euros) for carrying out a study of oxytetracycline in order to validate the veterinary registration.
We should note that this time there were about 10,000 products on the Spanish Medicines Agency and prior responsible agencies to which the approximate volume of possible serious business as 90,000 million the old pesetas or 540 million euros, every five years, only in the field of veterinary medicine.
In the situation described is again the Spanish Medicines Agency over which we have noted in Veterinaria Digital dated November 8th, 2010 (see Transparency blog No. 10 https://www.veterinariadigital.com/uk/blog-post.php?id = 66 the following facts:
1. Currently in 2010 Cristina Avendaño Sola, acting as Director of the Spanish Agency for Medicines and Health Products, by agreement of appointment of August 23rd, 2006, of the Secretary of Health and Consumption in substitution of María del Val Diez.
This appointment has not been published in the BOE as is legally mandatory for ministerial positions in such range and nature, a fact that motivates it, is unknown on the basis that merits or aspiring contest was held this designation.
2. In the period between 1990 and 1995, Cristina Avendaño acted as technical advisor to the Drug Evaluation Branch of the Directorate General of Pharmacy and Health Products related to clinical trials drug approval activities.
3. From 2000, is responsible for the service and Pharmacology Research Unit of the same hospital, oriented advice and conduct of clinical drug trials.
4. In the attached document can be checked as the current General Director of the Spanish Medicines Agency appears also referenced as the contact person for Pharmacology Service of the Autonomous University of Madrid and, paradoxically, among the projects that says make the merited Service, is, among others, the “technical regulatory scientific advice, and clinical development of medicines for human use.”
These facts have been reported to the Anti-Corruption Prosecutor, the Superior Court of Madrid and Madrid Mercantile Court of Justice but has not yet filed charges in this regard and research advances slowly through the efforts of private citizens.
The evil-minded would say that successive governments have not the slightest intention to stop these situations, because that would be to end recruitment agencies with which have political parties, which serves to maintain social control, and look accommodate coreligionists and lobbies supporting members.
Common citizens and professionals begin to believe that the problem in many countries bordering the Mediterranean, poor Mediterranean, is in the public network and ineffective justice included in the same fabric.
In Veterinaria Digital find it shameful that still blame the private citizens (when in fact pay their loans with their money) to banks (when in fact they were Boxes or pawnbroking under political management, then renamed as banks, to camouflage their responsibility) or private companies (when in fact they are clients forced by agencies of the public network or they had to request credit to develop its activity and that a tax cut would have made unnecessary) while the public sector remains uncleaned situations like those in this blog, and increasing public debt as well should know the minister is quoted debt of all citizens in the end is paid with tax increases.