Use of Pronutrients
A new alternative in birds, pigs and small ruminants nutrition, just to improve our economic benefits, is the administration of natural additives in the early stages of their lives, which will provide to organisms “ pronutrients “ to allow the maintenance and improvement of productive facts as a beginning to make sure the development of our industries.
What is a pronutrient?
A pronutrient is a microingredient included in feed in very low proportions, with the mission of making physiology and nutritional value both go better, and also avoiding pathogens’ presence. This was postulated by Dr. Gordon Rosen in the 50’s.
Pronutrients are complex organic molecules of plant and microbiologic origin.
They are able to regulate and boost physiology without pharmacologic or constituent nutritional effect.
Vitamins and quelated minerals they may be considered conceptually like pronutrients, as a group with its own features.
Nowadays, a new classification based in their functionality supplies the ancient one which was based in their origin.
What are the effects of pronutrients?
The use of pronutrients leads to a best feed conversion, in general, increases weight dairy gain and animals growth, due to digestive nutrients provided by lactic acid bacteria, vitamins and enzymes. So they help digestion go better, and so the absorption of vitamins and minerals. All this leads to a better food metabolism. On the other hand, it allows to maintain intestinal flora balance and avoids pathogen fixing to intestinal mucosa, cause every threat to gastrointestinal health goes into a negative productivity in animal production.
How pronutrients are classified?
Conditioners of intestinal mucosa
They maintain physiologic status of the digestive tract, improving its absorption of nutrients and avoiding pathogenic bacteria to fix the enterocite.
They are such an effective choice to antibiotic growth promoters:
• Do not imbalance GUT flora.
• Do not generate residues.
• No withdrawal period required.
GUT mucosa optimizers
They reinforce intestinal mucosa and its local immunity. Effective choice to chemical coccidiostats.
• Not toxic.
• Do not create resistance nor residues.
• No withdrawal period required.
Their action is to detoxify the liver, optimize hepatocite functions and have an antioxidatative effect also.
• Protect from mycotoxins damage.
• Protect from antibiotics and antihelmintics damage.
• Effective choice to secondary liver protectors.
They stimulate immune response. Specially interesting when applied with vaccines.
Mineral absorption conditioners
• Increase bioavailability and use of Calcium, Phosphorus and Magnesium.
• Improve eggshell’s quality.
• They fill mineral deficiency in such situations as caloric stress, micotoxicosis, infections, etc.
• Maintain or improve feed characteristics.
• Flavors, enzymes, phenolic type preservatives.
• They catch free radicals from tissues.
• We consider them as a natural choice to synthetic antiinflammatories.
They regulate epithelial physiology: skin, respiratory and renal ( both tubular and renal pelvis ).
They help prostaglandine synthesis by providing trienoic fatty acids, precursors thereof.
Ruminal and intestinal prebiotics
They help proliferation of rumin and intestine bacteria.
• Ruminal cellulolytic bacteria, TVFA and propionic acid producers.
• Intestinal acidophilic bacteria, which produce bacteriocins and lactic acid.