Analysis of the efficacy of Alquernat Immuplus as a natural immune booster vs. Levamisole, a chemical immune booster in pigs
The immune system in young pigs is an immature system that lacks of innate and adaptive immunities and has only the passive immunity acquired by colostrum. Moreover, different factors contribute to the weakness of this immune system, such as genetic selection (which promotes a higher growth rate, higher prolificity, intestine and liver overload). The negative effect on immunity is worsened by the stress during the weaning piglet, the separation from sow, the handling and transportation, the social hierarchy competition and diet changes from liquid to solid. These factors contribute in increasing bacterial and viral infections and reducing the response to vaccination.
Pronutrient are natural substances derived from plants that stimulate animal’s physiology. Pronutrients that act as immuneboosters strengthen the immune system. These substances do not leave residues and do not require withdrawal periods.
These pronutrients stimulate both the specific and non-specific immune response:
- Non-specific: improve the intestinal barrier function and increase activities of macrophage and neutrophil.
- Specific: enhance adaptive immunity, increase antibody secretion, and improve immune response to vaccines
Alquernat Immuplus is a product of Biovet based on immunebooster pronutrients, which means it is an immune booster. Several trials with this product showed that it:
- In broiler chicken
- Improves the immune status and reduces mortality
- Improves the specific immunity against Gumboro, Newcastle and Infectious Bronchitis
- In growing pigs
- Increases average daily gain and decreases feed conversion ratio
- Enhances specific immunity by increasing immunoglobulin production.
In this document we will present a field trial about the efficacy of Alquernat Immuplus as a natural immune booster vs Levamisole, a chemical immune booster in pigs.
To access this trial and conclusions please click on following link here:
Trials of the experts of the sector on the natural products for the animal, presentations on the actions of mechanism of the products and their operations to maintain animal welfare. In this section the professors and vets of the different universities explain their trial and present the results. Material is accessible in PDF in this same section