The University of Cordoba was founded in 1972 starting from the core of the Veterinary Faculty, which had been previously Subordinate Veterinary School (1847), converted into Veterinary School (1871) and the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Seville (1943).
During the course 1972-1973, the first class of students in the history of the University of Cordoba was graduated, corresponding in full to the students of the 1968-1973 promotion of the Faculty of Veterinary Science. So on July 14, 1973 was defended the first Bachelor thesis of the new University.
The past day November 4th in the building of the Rector of the University of Cordoba (building of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, 1932) there was a celebration of the 40th anniversary of the first degree of the University of Cordoba with the participation of Dr. . Jose Manuel Roldan (Rector), José Carlos Gomez (Vice Chancellor of Graduate Studies), Manuel Torres (Vice President for Coordination of students) and Jaime Borrell (first degree in Veterinary Science from the University of Córdoba) who delivered to the University a plaque and he received a souvenir commemorative of the University.
The event ended with a visit to the facilities of the Rector and the statue of Dr. Rafael Martinez Castejón and Arizala, distinguished professor and promoter of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, nucleus of the present University of Córdoba.