The clinical alterations in the eggshell mostly caused:
- Egg without shell, immature Reproductive system, deficiencies of vitamin D3 and B12, calcium, phosphorus or magnesium, too much heat
No… pass to 2
- Eggs with shell
With partially formed shell, heat and excess of phosphorus. With fully formed shell pass to 3
- Complete eggshell
Translucent shell … deficiency of Manganese. Total or partially depigmentation… hepatotoxic coccidiostats (especially Nicarbazin in hot weather)
With transversal circular bands. Liver infection.
No… pass to 4
- Complete and wrinkly eggshell
Longitudinally, infectious bronchitis
Transversely, deficiency or poisoning with copper salts
No… pass to 5
- Smooth complete eggshell
With cracks… deficiencies of vitamin D3 and calcium, heat or too much sodium in food or drinking water. Poor mechanical management the collection.
Smooth with no cracks pass to 6
No…pass to 7
- Smooth stained eggshell
With excrement… enteritis, excess of sodium in food or drinking water... With blood starting of prolapse, cannibalism.
No… pass to 9
- Not smooth complete eggshell
Mostly common in birds of 60 weeks or with salpingitis.
No ..... pass to 8
- Smooth skin with deformations
Smooth asymmetric eggs ... traumatic alterations during calcification due to lack of living space
Eggs with scars ... traumatic alterations during calcification
No ... pass to 9
- Symmetrical and smooth eggshell, color other than white or brown
Bluish or greenish color ... genetics of race or ancestry
Pink color… Excess of calcium
- NOTE: In all cases should be found two lesions or accompanying symptoms for the triad diagnoses.